Does your company have an Environmental Management System (EMS)?
An environmental management system (EMS) helps to understand and actively manage environmental impacts, costs, risks & legislation.
It requires that an organisation considers all environmental issues relevant to its operations, such as air pollution, water and sewage issues, waste management, soil contamination, climate change mitigation and adaptation, and resource use and efficiency.
Benefits of having an effective EMS include:
• Demonstrate compliance with current and future statutory and regulatory requirements
• Increase leadership involvement and engagement of employees
• Improve company reputation and the confidence of stakeholders through strategic communication
• Achieve strategic business aims by incorporating environmental issues into business management
• Provide a competitive and financial advantage through improved efficiencies and reduced costs
• Encourage better environmental performance of suppliers by integrating them into the organization’s business systems
For more information https://www.iso.org/iso-14001-environmental-management.html
- Posted by midsussexwoodrecycling
- On 16th January 2018
- 0 Comments